POLARIS 4WD all-terrain vehicles:
· See the Link below to the Polaris SAFETY video
· Please watch the safety video with the kids to see to operate and ride in the Polaris vehicles safely at LarnOO.
· The Polaris are a lot of fun and the best way to get around at LarnOO……walking and trail running is fun too!
· They are DIESEL FUEL and designed to get you around………everywhere in the paddocks and the gravel tracks.
· You will find the lower speeds are fun to see the farm. (Wombats, Kangaroos, Deer, Echidna, birds etc……….and maybe even a snake or two!!)
· There are some areas on the farm that are too steep to drive on………..use your common sense and drive safely, enjoy.
1 : Drivers must be 16 years old or have a drivers licence to use the Polaris
· Passengers in the seats only, riding in the rear tub is not recommended as kids can fall out!!
· Please drive on the tracks and on reasonably flat land in the paddocks.
· Use the seat belts and side cabin mesh nets, the vehicles have inbuilt roll cages as the Polaris can be tip over if not driven safely.
2 : TO START:
· Press the brake pedal
· Turn the key part the way to see the ORANGE coil light on the dash display for about 10 seconds
· Press the Brake turn the key to start the Polaris
· There is no clutch……………it is automatic
· There is no handbrake required
· You can start the Polaris in any gear by putting your foot on the brake pedal first
3 : SELECT THE GEAR YOU WANT:
· The gear stick has Park, Reverse, neutral, LOW range and HIGH range gears
· Select HIGH for normal driving on tracks and flatter paddocks
· Select LOW for driving UP the steep sections
· The tracks at LarnOO are sometimes loose and gravelly in spots and care is the best way to stay safe.
· If you are not confident then find another way around, please don’t risk a steep section or a steep side grade.
4 : SELECT YOUR DESIRED TRACTION………..2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive:
· On the DASH BOARD there are two switches………..one is the head lights for night driving
· One switch on the right hand side is used to toggle between ONE wheel drive, 2x4 , to 4x4 wheel drive (AWD)…………see dash display to ensure you are in the correct traction.
5 : Paddock Driving and Undulating Tracks:
· You will drive in 2*4 most of the time on the dry paddocks and the undulating tracks
6 : STEEPER TRACKS:
· Use 4*4 or AWD when you are planning to drive in the steeper tracks
· Use LOW Range on the gear stick if really steep up
· Use HIGH Range on the gear stick if steep DOWN………..(Polaris can skid going down if in the LOW RANGE……………please use CAUTION)
7 : TIPPING / ROLL OVER…………AVOID:
· Fast Sharp turns…………tipping risk
· Avoid going too fast, slow down and enjoy the viewing and don’t scare the wildlife away
· Don’t do donuts or spins or attempt skid braking
· Corner at slow speeds and avoid the rollover
· Look out for wombat holes and big timber fallen in the grass
· CAUTION: Drive down hills VERY slowly and ease on the brakes so as not to LOCK up and skid
· Don’t try jumps!
8 : ENJOY:
· These vehicles can go most places at LarnOO
· If you think it is too steep or too sloped on the side then it probably is too STEEP, Please find another way around or turn back.
· Drive straight up and down hills and not on a steep side slope
· CAUTION: WET grass is slippery especially on the side slopes.
9 : FUEL:
· The Polaris’s are all DIESEL FUEL
· We have more fuel on farm and they will be FULL when you arrive
· Ask a staff member, Jarrod, Ben, or Anthony to fill it up if needed.
· You are not likely to need refueling………….they don’t use much
At LarnOO we say,
………………If you don’t know, …………then don’t GO!!